THE ACADEMY of ST OLAVE’S
The City of York’s leading chamber orchestra, based in the beautiful setting of St Olave’s Church, Marygate, in York
The Academy of St Olave’s is the City of York’s leading chamber orchestra, based in the beautiful setting of St Olave’s Church, Marygate, in York.
Our next concert is on 22nd January 2022 in St Olave’s Church and featuring Schumann’s lovely violin concerto with soloist Jacob George.
St Olave's Church York*
Saturday 22nd January 2022, 8pm
Directed by Alan George
- SCHUBERT: Overture in the Italian Style, D.590
- SCHUMANN: Violin Concerto soloist Jacob George
- MENDELSSOHN: Symphony 4 in A major ‘Italian’
The concert will be in aid of Musical Connections, a York charity which runs community choirs and weekly music groups in a range of care and community settings.
* Programmes and venues may be subject to change. Please check this website in the week of the concert for the latest COVID-19 precautions being taken.
St Olave’s Church can be accessed with a wheelchair. There is a sloping path which avoids the main steps up from Marygate and a wheelchair accessible toilet at the back of the church.
Tickets – available from mid December
The ticket prices are £15 and £5 for accompanied children (18 and under).
Advance Purchase – strongly encouraged due to limited ticket numbers
- Buy tickets in advance online using the Buy tickets online button and download / print your tickets.
- Please see “Ticket holders’ Information” on this page a week before the concert for the Covid measures in place for this concert.
Please note that online ticket purchases and donations are fulfilled by Web Ticket Manager, so the Make a donation button will open the Academy of St Olave’s ticket page on the Web Ticket Manager website.
On the day of the concert
- Any remaining tickets will be sold at the door from 7.15pm. However, due to Covid-19, ticket numbers will be limited and advance purchase is strongly recommended. We regret that entry cannot be guaranteed for people hoping to buy tickets just before the concert.